We celebrated our wedding in Lima, Peru, my beloved home country. We were very thankful to have so many friends from all over the world come join us on this day. We live in NYC and know the effort it takes to travel to far away places, so this was truly a special occasion for us.
I wanted to post about our wedding to help other brides and grooms get some tips and inspiration as we did when planning our wedding. Here you'll find all the details of the amazing people who helped us make this happen.
Both of us are designers working on crafting user experiences for technology products. But we were trained as graphic and print designers as well, making this a super exciting opportunity since we don't get to do print and interior design that often.
We went a bit crazy with all the elements, colors and experience we wanted to create. We definitely spent a lot of time designing every single detail from the save the date, the wedding site, invitations, place cards, favors, decor, etc. We created a "brand" with our initials y+a which we used throughout all web and print materials, as well as part of the interior design at the reception. My next post will be about all the design elements we created and "the making of", but for now let me go into the wedding details.
It was an evening wedding, starting with a church ceremony (very traditional in Peru) followed by a wedding reception which lasted until the very early hours in the morning (also very common in Peru). There were lots of food, drinks and dancing!
Scroll down to take a peek at our wedding experience and the details of the people, artists and services we worked with.
Here are all the details, hope it helps!
- Wedding site: MohrLove.us Designed and created by us
- Wedding dress: Vera Wang, NYC
- Sash and hair piece: Roxana Pardo 445 4894
- Makeup and Hairstylist: Besso Salon Artistas y genios Juan y Miguel Barbaran
- Flower girls dresses: Etsy Olive and Fern
- Flowers church, reception, bouquet & boutonnieres: The Flower shop Fiorenza Bragganini y Larissa Porraro
- Church: Virgen del PIlar - Ana del Carmen 440 2230
- Father: Mateo Garr firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choir: Arpegio Marieli (directora) 999 234 200
- Car: Jet set limousine
- Reception: Jockey Club del Peru 610 3000
- Catering, decoration: Andrea Sambra 242 4690
- Sushi: Hanzo
- Hora loca (Crazy hour): Naricitas 784 4336
- Photographer: Esteban Nakano 999 177 761
- DJ: Igor Carrillo 994 015 608
- Security: Pancho Seguridad 348 7601
- Favors: Handmade by my amazing sister
- Invitations, place cards, table signs, bar decor: Handmade by bride and groom